Sunday 10 July 2011

Mixing high street style & your own look

My experience as a hijabi bought the age-old dilemma every girl has what do I wear? I dressed conservetley before but now was the time to leave my skinny jeans and go for something more loose and covered up after finally tearing myself away from the clothes at one point I adored, to something still stylish that was my aim to find modest clothes for me to wear. (Goes of on a one woman mission)  I figured little changes so I started to wear hijab and then thought I’m getting them looks as to what is she wearing the disapproving ones from fellow hijabis yes ladies it does happen the few second looking you up and down like you’re an alien or the disapproving looks continued so I decided it was time for a change. Initially I didn’t know what to find the highstreet was all the same until I discovered I was looking for the wrong things I naively thought going into these shops will be my answer and I will instantly find long tops to be fair there were some but they were like basic tops and I didn’t want to dress like my nan!!  (My one-woman mission continued) This is when I decided to follow and inspiring lady who helped me change my fashion sense with being modest check out her look book another inspiration for all of us that feel we don’t have enough clothes or don’t know what to wear J With this and looking for the right things I think I’ve managed to get my style down to a T with it all being hijabi friendly J
Well that’s my thought for today hope you enjoy it and stay tuned for more exciting news coming soon inshallah 
Lots of love
The hijabi Barbie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment